Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Red and White Chili

This is one of my favorite crockpot meals and since my mom just asked me for it, I thought I would share it here too. Sorry, no pictures since I haven't made it yet this fall.

Red and White Chili

6 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cans navy beans, drained
1 cup chicken broth
1 large onion, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t cumin
1 t oregano
1/2 each salt and cayenne pepper

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker; stir gently to mix.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or High for 3-4 hours until hot and sauce thickens slightly.

If you think this will be too spicy for you, you can leave out the jalapeño. Also, I use dried navy beans that I have soaked which means I usually end up adding more broth throughout.

I like the picture, Alex! I forgot we were going to do our apron pictures! I guess we better get on that!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. I heard someone talking about white chili the other day and I was like, "Whaaaaaaat?" I'd never heard of it. Sounds yummy though.

    ReplyDelete