Friday, November 20, 2009

Cranberry Chop

I've been meaning to post this anyway, but since Alex asked for Thanksgiving recipes, I thought I post it today. I'll come up with some other things later. I could also use some help with veggies!

Cranberry Chop

½ lb fresh cranberries

1 peeled orange

2 small peeled and cored apples

1 cup sugar

Fresh lemon to taste (or substitute lemon juice)

1 c. chopped walnuts

1 can crushed pineapple

Dates

Blend until finely chopped in a blender or food processor.

* Best if made the day before and allowed time to blend together.


This is a great alternative to cranberry sauce. I never use very much sugar, just enough to make it kind of sweet. I have also never tried it with the dates. You really must make this the day before. So good!



1 comment:

  1. The dates do not work very well, they just get soggy. Making the cranberry chop 2 days before really lets the flavors blend. Yum!

    ReplyDelete