Monday, November 9, 2009

Pork Enchiladas



You will need:

2 lb pork loin
Brown Sugar
Coke
Garlic Salt
Enchilada Sauce
Small can of diced chilies

Marinate the pork loin overnight in 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 can (12 oz) Coke. Take out of the marinade and put in the crock-pot with 1 1/2 can Coke, 1/2 cup brown sugar and some garlic salt. Cook on low for 10 hours

Blend together 1 can of Coke, 1 can of sliced chilies, 1 can of enchilada sauce and about a cup of brown sugar. Remove pork from the crock-pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork with two forks. Put shredded pork and sauce in crock-pot and cook on low for 3 hours.

You can make these into enchiladas, or put them in burritos or a on salad. My personal favorite is quesadillas. We made them into enchiladas last night and served them with Heather's beans and some rice. (I've made those beans three times so far. I love them so much. Last week I made them and Monday through Thursday I ate rice and beans for lunch and dinner everyday. It was great, but I didn't envy Devan having to sleep next to me.)

I know they sound gross because they're just Coke, sugar, enchilada sauce and chilies, but we love them! And, pork loin is on sale at Smith's this week for a dollar a pound.



3 comments:

  1. Yum! These look good! I can't believe how grown-up Hannah looks here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It's a really funny looking picture of her, but for some reason I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum! Thanks for the recipe and the awesome dinner tonight. You guys are pretty much made of awesome.

    ReplyDelete