Friday, November 20, 2009

I made Alianna's veggy and rice casserole last night. It was really good. We ate it with beans. I've been trying to eat at least a few vegetarian meals a week, to save money on meat. We usually just end up eating plain rice and beans and that gets pretty boring so it was nice to jazz it up a bit. What else do you have for us Alianna? I'm sure you have some really great new meat free recipes.

I think I'm all caught up on the recipes now. I haven't made Heather's cake yet because I know it would get me into trouble and I'm saving it for a special occasion. So what else do you girls have? I need some more dinner ideas. I feel like I cook the same things over and over again. And I need some good vegetable side dishes. And I want to learn to make homemade tortillas and noodles. As you can see I'm a mess.

Also, what are your favorite holiday recipes? What kind of side dishes does your family eat on Thanksgiving and Christmas? And what is a good meal to make on New Year's Eve? Christmas cookies! I'm getting excited to make some holiday padding!

3 comments:

  1. I've made home made tortillas before and they were really easy. I'll get back to you on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, this post really reminds me of Jim and Pam's wedding and "what else ya got?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sorry about that. Having my family be unemployed and barren has made me a little demading. Just chalk it up to my empty life.

    ReplyDelete