Monday, October 26, 2009

Hershey's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

Saturday was just one of those days for me so I made myself a chocolate cake. Well, I guess I made it for Ryan too. This is so yummy and easy to make! You can't see how ooey gooey the fudge is in this picture because it wasn't very hot anymore when I took it. I meant to take a picture of my first piece but it all just happened so fast . . . Remember when Alex asked us whether we would rather give up sex or good food? Well, those of you who answered food obviously have never tasted this cake!



1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa, divided
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups hot water
whipped topping

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Stir together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour batter into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup of cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top. Do not stir.

3. Bake 34-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped topping. This is best served warm.

Makes about 8 servings.

No nutritional information because sometimes it's just better not to know. You can go look it up if you want, just don't tell me about it!

1 comment: