Sunday, February 14, 2010

Berry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast

Just another way to bring the sugary-creamy goodness of Valentine's day to the breakfast table.

You need:

Loaf of french bread
Frozen berries
Cream cheese
Eggs
Milk
Vanilla
Sugar!

Puree 1 cup of any berry with a couple scoops of sugar. (I used blueberries this time. Not very valentiney, but they were what I had and Devan loves blueberries. Blueberies are my least favorite berry, but I still loved these.)

Cream the puree together with 4 oz softened cream cheese.

Beat about 4 eggs with milk and add it some vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. The original recipe called for 1 cup of sugar. Yikes! I used a couple tablespoons.

Cut a loaf of french bread into 1 inch slices and spread the cream chesse mixture between two slices like a sandwich. Then dip into the egg mixture and fry.

So delicious! We decided they're best when they're hot, straight off the frying pan. This recipe made 6 french toasts. I was uncomfortably full after 1 and a half pieces. Devan finished off the rest.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! This sounds good! Does anyone have a good recipe for cooking sweet potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been looking for some new ways too. Ashley made us some sweet potato chips a while back. She just cut them up and tossed them in olive oil, sprinkled with spices and baked in the oven. I don't remember what all she put on, but I know cyanne pepper was one thing. We ate them with burgers and they were delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad is going to be in town for his birthday and he said he wants french toast for breakfast so I'm going to give this a try! Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete